Planning Applications

Posted by admin on Fri 2nd Apr, 2010
Make your views count before the cement mixers start turning!

Go to , Planning and Building on EHDC website for information on Planning Policy, Building Control, and Planning Applications. Searches for planning applications can be made by date, reference or ward.

If your immediate neighbour has submitted a planning application, EHDC Planning would normally notify you of this in writing. Also keep an eye out for a yellow site notice which may need to be displayed.  You usually have 21 days from when a site notice is put up, a letter sent out, or an advertisement appears in the local newspaper, to make any comments or objections in writing to the Council at East Herts Council, Development Control, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford SG13 8EQ or e-mail

Comments received in time will be taken into account before a decision is made. Your comments will be available for public inspection and may be copied.

It is a good idea to copy any comments to your town and district council ward councillors.

East Herts Council must publicise all application proposals it receives, and take into account any relevant comments made when deciding whether or not to grant permission. 

Viewing Planning Applications/Decisions

All new applications received by East Herts Council are available for viewing on the Council's website If you are unable to access the website, you can view applications at either of the Council's customer service receptions, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford or at Charrington House, The Causeway, Bishop's Stortford. Copies are also held at Bishop's Stortford Town Council Offices on Windhill, Bishop's Stortford.